Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Oahu Christmas 2011

 Mommy, Daddy, Grampa Sam, Grama Deborah and Auntie Sarah
thought another Christmas in Hawaii would be just the thing.
This is Hawaiian for
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
 Our first morning on Oahu at the beach nearest our House.
 Whee!  A whole week to play and be together!
 I'm practicing my smile.
How do you like this one?
 I was the official present opener.
 Serious business...
 and oh, how satisfying on so many levels!
 Mommy and Daddy promised lots of sand.
 Look at those people getting knocked about by the waves!

 We relaxed a lot.  It was easy with such a beautiful view.
 Grama dubbed this Suicide Beach.
 Look!  Daddy and Grampa survived body slamming, er surfing.
 Grama is reading my newest Madeline book.
The view of Diamondhead from Waikiki
Grampa is burying my foot.
 And here it is!
 With Mommy and Daddy.
 Playing in the Pacific Ocean.  My swim lessons paid off!
 Strolling around the Royal Hawaiian Hotel.
Grama was ready to move in.
 Look at all the Papa Noels in the shop.
We went to Hanauma Bay to snorkel and play.
What is that on your face, Gramp?
 A quiet moment with Aunt Sarah.
 We're making a sand castle.
 Impressive, wouldn't you say?
 Sunset on the Pali Lookout
 It was cold and windy!
 Enjoying a shave ice as I play with my train.
 We spent the morning there.
 I'll understand why when I'm older.

The lists of those who died on each ship.
We went on the U.S.S. Missouri
 This is where the Captain steers the ship.
 We climbed up the Makapu'u Summit
 Great Day!
 Not another photo!
 I know my new Hawaiian shirt is cool, but do you
have to take a picture?
 This is better.  Playing in the sand...
 and surf with Grampa.
 Love my new look.
 
Here we are
 What a great week!
The nearest Beach
 Daddy and I had fun in the water.
 I was very brave.
That's some train Daddy built.
 Here's the Christmas display in Honolulu.
 I'm not really a dolly.
 Santa and Mrs. Claus Hanging Loose, Hawaiian Style.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment