Saturday, April 10, 2010

I Left My Heart in San Francisco


Right after I was born, Daddy proposed that our little family should go on a trip before Momma goes back to work.  So last week, we all went to visit San Francisco.  It is the most beautiful city I have ever seen.  Here we are with the Bay Bridge in the background.  (Momma thought it was really cold for me because, after all, I'm a Texan, but she had me so bundled up in a scarf that I looked the opposite of Texan:  French.)

I knew right away that I wasn't in Texas anymore because it was so hilly.  Daddy sure got a work out pushing me on our runs.


A highlight of our trip was taking the ferry to Sausalito.  Here's the view of San Francisco as we embark to the other side of the Bay.  Since I already saw the Atlantic when I went to Maine, I was glad to see the Pacific Ocean on this trip.  I asked Momma when I could see the Indian and the Arctic.  She said it would be a while.

 
Here Daddy and I are just hanging out on the ferry.

 A family portrait.  Don't you love our shades?!? 

 
Here we are in beautiful Sausalito, taking a hike to the bottom of the Golden Gate bridge.

 
There's the bridge in the distance. It was a beautiful day!


After our visit, we took the Ferry back to San Francisco.

The next day we visited Alcatraz.  The prison gets a thumb's up from me.  I literally screamed with delight throughout the tour.  Go figure.

Momma and I hiked to the top of Lombard Street, which is completely crooked.  From there, the view was fine. 

I had a great trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment